Immanuel Lutheran Church is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). It was formed in 1888 as the Norwegian-Danish Lutheran Church. In 1941 it’s name was changed to Immanuel Lutheran Church, or God with Us. The congregation was affiliated with the Lutheran Free Church until 1963 when it became part of the American Lutheran Church Synod. In 1988 it joined the combination of synods that makes up the current ELCA.
The original church was built in 1890 on 1st Avenue South in Escanaba. In 1964 it moved into it’s current building located on the corner of 5th Avenue South and South Lincoln Road, also designated as Michigan State Highway 35.
2013 marks it’s 125th anniversary serving in Escanaba, Michigan.
Who are “Lutherans”? Click here for some of the facts.
Immanuel Lutheran Church
600 South Lincoln Road
Escanaba MI 49829